DB Pros is a database consulting firm specializing in CRM selection and implementation for small and mid-size businesses in the New Jersey/ New York metropolitan area. We are looking for a database technician with knowledge and understanding of databases and their structures.
- Analyze data submitted by client and work with the submitted material (usually Excel spreadsheets) to combine, clean, and prep for import into database systems
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of database management system(s). This does NOT require programming, but most of the time uses the GUI interface of the application. Programming skills are a plus.
- Assist in developing technical specifications to create the table/field structure, outline the screen layouts, and any additional specs required for the client.
- Test the final database product including all customizations made to the database application prior to sign-off and training.
- Write up user documentation for training manuals, etc.
- Manage client requests for modifications, additions, etc.
- BONUS: Training clients in the use of the database system with their unique customizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand needs of client and implement ideas
- Advanced computer skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Access, Excel, SQL, and other database tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Basic data mining experience
- BA preferred in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or similar
- Consistent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Can work in a team as well as work independently
- Ability to learn new/multiple software programs for clients
We are NOT looking for network engineers or similar IT-related fields. The hire must be able to manipulate an Excel/Access, etc file and do what is required to complete the client project. He/she also must be able to pick up on new database-driven applications (primarily CRM systems) to customize, import data, and document the system for users and administrators.
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.