How-to Help Desk Video Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
DB Pros’ Video Contest for the How-to Help Desk (the “Contest”) starts on September 2, 2010 and ends on September 30, 2010 at 11:50 PM EST (“Contest Period”).
ELIGIBILITY: Open to US residents only. All winners must be 18 years of age or older, unless otherwise stated and/or posted.
HOW TO ENTER:
During the Contest Period, produce a video (“the Video”) and submit it with the submission form — http://www.dbprosconsulting.com/blog/video-contest/. Your Video must be posted on YouTube or a similar video-sharing site and be submitted as an embedded video. You must also complete the entry form at the URL above in order to be eligible. Entries cannot exceed 1 minute in length. All Entries must be received by September 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST to be considered eligible. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email address. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the limitation will be void. Entries will be rejected if : (a) entry form is not fully completed and submitted along with your Video during the Contest Period; or (b) if the Entry does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Without limitation, the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SPONSOR WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE SPONSOR AND THE SPONSOR SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES.
REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES:
Your entry shall not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, companies, or organizations;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission (for example, any clothing worn by persons appearing in your Video must not contain any visible logos, trademarks, or other third party materials, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained or such materials blurred out); contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• contains copyrighted or copyright protected materials where the copyright is owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies, music, or other media), without express written permission;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission. For greater certainty, this means your Video must not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction or residence; (Note: If you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Video, then his/her face must be blurred out);
• contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
• contains any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; and/or
• violates any law.
Entry must be the original work of the entrant, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the Entry consent to the submission and use of the Entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
Each entrant agrees to reimburse Sponsor and other Released Parties (as defined below) in full in respect of any expense, cost, or liability incurred by Sponsor or any other Released Party as a result of any claims of infringement or other breach of intellectual property or other rights by any third party resulting from Sponsor or other Released Party’s use of any element of the entrant’s Entry as authorized by these Official Rules.
FOR ALL ENTRIES: By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on www.dbprosconsulting.com or other websites.
Judging Phase: Beginning on or about October 1, 2010, all entries will be reviewed and judged by a panel of judges chosen by DB Pros. The judging criteria is based on the quality of the message and alignment with the contest, as well as the creative nature of the video. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL VIDEOS TO BE PRODUCED.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: A winner will be selected prior to and notified on October 15, 2010. Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest, without right of appeal. Potential winners will be notified by telephone, mail and/or email and may be required to complete an Affidavit, Declaration, or Certificate of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents (e.g. assignment of copyright and waiver of moral rights) required by Sponsor, which must be returned within 10 days of date appearing on prize notification. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
PRIZES: The Grand Prize winner will receive a $50 VISA gift card and four (4) Datachips, which can be used to receive service from the How-to Help Desk (one hour of service). Any additional prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Without limitation, the Sponsor is not responsible for the distribution of any prize between any persons who may have participated in making the Entry.
MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor will maintain third-party rights over the video submitted by Entrant. Entrant is owner of the material, but Sponsor can use it to post on their website (listed above), promote the service/company in other online venues, and other appropriate uses.